The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update brings some great new features to the OS, but it also has a major downside: Windows 10 now requires a new form of hardware called TPM 2.0, or Trusted Platform Module, to ensure the OS doesn’t become a security risk. TPM 2.0 is a hardware module that provides an affirmation that you are who you say you are when you log in to your computer.
TPM and UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) are two different technologies that are used to provide additional security for your device. TPM (Trusted Platform Module) is a chip that is built into your motherboard and it is used to generate random numbers to authenticate the software and hardware components on your device. UEFI is a software interface used in the boot process of your system.
If you want to install Windows 10, but you don’t want to take the time to go through the process of setting up a TPM, you will most likely want to skip the Windows 10 setup process. While this method is slightly more complicated, it’s still much easier than having to install a TPM.
Co-Editor in Chief
Milan has had a passion for computers since childhood, which has led him to become interested in all PC-related technologies. Before joining WindowsReport, he worked as a front-end web developer. Read more
- Since Windows 11 brings new requirements, in this guide we will show you how to install Windows 11 without TPM.
- This requirement has already caused many problems for early users, and you seem to be one of them.
- Modifying the registry during installation is an easy way to achieve your goal.
- If you are an experienced user, you can solve this problem by modifying the Windows 11 ISO file.
Windows 11 was recently announced and according to the official Windows 11 hardware requirements, you need a TPM chip to use it.
This requirement has already caused many problems for early users, many of whom have reported TMP 2.0 errors when trying to install Windows 11.
However, there are ways to use Windows 11 without a TPM chip, and in this article we’ll show you how.
How do I install Windows 11 without a TPM chip?
1. Amendment of register
- Start the installation of Windows 11.
- Follow the installation steps until you reach the screen This PC cannot run Windows 11.
- Press Shift + F10 on the keyboard. The command line opens.
- When the command prompt starts, type regedit.exe and press Enter.
- Go to the next key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMSetup
- Right-click on Configure, expand New, and select Keys from the list. Please name the new LabConfig key.
- Navigate to the LabConfig key you just created. Right-click in the right pane, expand the New section, and select DWORD (32-bit value).
- Create two DWORD files:
- Double-click on the first DWORD you created and set the value to 1. Now repeat the same steps for the second DWORD.
- After making these changes, close the registry editor and the installation should proceed without any problems.
This is one way to get around the TPM requirement in Windows 11, but there is another method you can use.
2. Changing from Windows 11 ISO
- Download the Windows 11 ISO from an official source.
- Find the Windows 11 ISO and double-click it to install it on your computer.
- Go to the Sources directory and locate the install.wim file.
- Copy the install.wim file to an easily accessible location, for example B. on the desktop.
- Press Windows key + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Now you need to get the information from the wim file. You can do it with this command, but don’t forget to modify the path to the wim file location on your computer: dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:C:UsersWindowsReportinstall.wim
- Find the version of Windows 11 you want to install and remember the index number. We used 7 for this example, but you should use the index number of the version you want to install.
- Run the following command, but make sure you replace the path and index number correctly: dism /export-image /SourceImageFile:C:UsersWindowsReportinstall.wim /SourceIndex:7 /DestinationImageFile:C:UsersWindowsReportinstall.esd /Compress:recovery /CheckIntegrity
- Wait for the process to complete and detach the W11 ISO file.
Now you just need to customize your Windows 10 ISO file by following the steps below:
- Download the Windows 10 ISO file.
- Now connect it and copy all the files from your computer to the Windows 11 ISO folder on your computer.
- Find the install.wim file you created in the previous steps.
- Navigate to the Windows 11 ISO folder. Go to the source directory and paste the install.wim file there.
- When asked to overwrite the files, select Yes.
- Download and install the ImgBurn software.
- Start ImgBurn and click the Create Image from File button.
- Now click Browse to a folder and select the Windows 11 ISO folder you created.
- Click the Select File icon.
- Choose a location, name the ISO file, and click Save.
- Click the Create icon.
- When a confirmation dialog box appears, click Yes.
- Wait until the process is complete.
- Download and run the Rufus program.
- Select the USB flash drive and press the Select button.
- Select the Windows 11 ISO file you just created.
- Now press the Start button and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the process is complete, use the bootable media you created to install Windows 11.
If you follow the above procedure, you will have a ready-made Windows 11 ISO that does not check for a TPM during installation.
If this process does not work, remove the appraiserres.dll file from the Windows 10 ISO file and replace it in the Windows 11 ISO file.
As you can see, it’s possible to install Windows 11 with TPM, but you may need to modify the registry or change the Windows 11 ISO file.
Have you found another way around the TPM requirement for Windows 11, or have you decided to buy a TMP 2.0 chip? Tell us about it in the comments below.
Was this page helpful?
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussionA hardware security module (HSM) is a special hardware component that has been designed to protect stored encryption keys by encrypting them both before and after storing them on the device. It is meant to protect the encryption keys from any keyloggers or other malware that may try to intercept or steal them. It also helps ensure that the keys cannot be used after the computer is powered down.. Read more about install windows 11 without tpm reddit and let us know what you think.
tpm 2.0 windows 11 fixtpm 2.0 windows 11 bypasstpm 2.0 windows 11 enabletpm 2.0 windows 11 downloadinstall windows 11 without tpm redditwindows 11 bypass tpm,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,tpm 2.0 windows 11 fix,tpm 2.0 windows 11 bypass,tpm 2.0 windows 11 enable,tpm 2.0 windows 11 download,install windows 11 without tpm reddit,windows 11 bypass tpm,windows 11 without tpm download,windows 11 tpm 2.0 bypass reddit