The Kodi app is one of the most popular apps on the planet because it allows you to watch all your favorite TV shows and movies from both streaming services like Netflix and cable TV. However, the app can be a little bit tricky to install on different devices, like the Amazon Fire Stick. Fortunately, a new version of the Kodi app was recently released, and it fixes a lot of the issues that people faced when trying to install it on their Fire Stick. This Kodi build is known as Maverick, and it was created by a XBMC developer known as c3p0.
So, you’ve been reading all the instructions about how to install the new Maverick build of Kodi onto your FireStick, Android TV, or laptop. You want to give it a try, but you’re not sure how to actually do it. Well, this guide will help walk you through everything you need to know to get the new build of Kodi up and running on your device.
In this post I will show you how to install Maverick builds on Kodi. These builds are for all devices that have Kodi support, such as Fire TV, FireStick, Android TV, mobile devices, computers, Raspberry Pi and others.
Maverick Wizard comes with different builds for Kodi. There are lightweight, multi-purpose packs for all types of gear.
While the Maverick builds are not the best, they are good enough to make it to our list of the best Kodi builds.
Builds come with a number of Kodi add-ons pre-installed. Many of these addons are already included in our list of the best addons.
How to install Maverick builds on Kodi
This installation consists of two parts. Here’s what we’ll do:
- Enable unknown sources to allow installation
- Maverick build install
Attention KODI users: please read before continuing
Kodi addons / modules offer unlimited streaming content, but can also get you in legal trouble if you get caught watching movies / TV shows / sports for free. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN when streaming online. A good Kodi VPN can hide your identity, bypass government surveillance, block content, and ISP throttling (which also contributes to buffer-free streaming).
I use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device, including the Amazon FireStick. Get 3 months free and save 49% on annual plans. There is also a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Click HERE to get 3 months free and save 49% on ExpressVPN.
Read: How to install and use VPN for Kodi
Part 1: Enable unknown sources to allow Maverick Kodi builds
Follow the steps below to enable unknown sources:
Go to the top left corner of the Kodi home screen.
1. Tap Settings (the gear icon).
2. Now go to the System option and open it in the following window
3. In the next screen, click on the Tools option in the left menu.
4. On the right side of the same screen, you will see Unknown Sources.
If the option is disabled, click on it and turn it on (if it’s already on, leave it on).
5. You should now see the following dialog box
Press Yes to continue
You have successfully activated Unknown Sources. Now we come to the installation part.
Part 2: Installing the Maverick Kodi
In this section we will go through all the steps to install Maverick builds on Kodi.
1. On the Kodi home screen, tap Settings again.
2. Now open the Filemanager option.
3. The following window opens (see below)
Click Add Source as shown here (or double-click if using a computer).
4. The following dialog box appears. Here, we click where <none> is.
5. In this window you can enter the source URL from where the Kodi Mavericks builds are installed.
Enter the following URL and make sure there are no typos: https://dejavurepo.github.io
6. You should now be back in this window
This time we will suggest a custom name for the added media source.
Choose the name you want or type in Maverick like me.
7. Press the Back button or reopen the Settings window on the Kodi home screen
Click on Add-ons
8. In the next screen, choose the option Install from zip file.
9. This pop-up window now displays the name of the custom media source you added earlier.
Click on it (in our case, Maverick).
10. This screen shows the zip file of the archive
Go and click on repository.DejaVu-x.x.x.zip
The version number of the file may differ from the number you see here.
11. Wait a few seconds. You will soon see a message in the top right corner indicating that DejaVu Repo is installed.
12. We now go to the installed repository by clicking on Install from repository.
13. Then click on DejaVu Repo
14. On the next screen, press Program Extras
15. In the next window, click on Maverick Wizard.
16. In the left bottom corner, click on Install
17. The Maverick assistant is now installed. Wait a few minutes.
You will soon see a message in the upper right corner indicating that the Maverick Wizard add-on has been installed.
18. You should now see the following prompt
Press the Next key or the Back key
19. You will also see the following dialog box or tooltip
Press the back button again
20. Press the Back button until you see the Kodi home screen. On the Home screen, tap Tools from the menu on the left.
21. Now just highlight the program additions on the left (but don’t click on them).
Click on Assistant Maverick on the right (see image below).
22. When the following interface appears, click Builds in the upper left corner.
23. You can find all available Kodi Maverick builds in the left menu. Click on the assembly you want to install.
I choose Maverick Only Build
24. On the right you will see brief information about the selected module.
Click Fresh Install (recommended) to install the Maverick Kodi version.
Message: You can also click Install, but that may not work as well.
25. Confirm your intention by pressing Yes when prompted.
26. The selected version of Maverick Kodi will now be loaded. This may take several minutes depending on the size of the assembly.
27. When the build is fully downloaded, it will be installed automatically.
It may also take a few minutes
28. The following prompt may appear to force Kodi to close after the installation completes
Press OK to continue.
You have successfully installed one of the Maverick builds available on Kodi.
To use Maverick Kodi builds on Kodi
If you are a regular user of Kodi builds, the Kodi Maverick build will look familiar to you. You’ll get used to it almost immediately.
If you are a novice user, Maverick builds can be a great option to explore the world of Kodi builds.
For demonstration purposes, we installed the Maverick Only version.
Reboot the Kodi application after installing the build. The build will load automatically.
This is how the Kodi home screen will look like in the Maverick version.
When opening an assembly for the first time, I recommend letting it rest for a few minutes. When you run the build for the first time, it updates itself and the addons.
Here you can find different video add-ons. You can also install additional addons on your Kodi build at any time.
Before you start streaming video with Kodi addons or modules, I want to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and the government. This means that streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live broadcasts and sports) can lead to legal problems.
Fortunately, there is a reliable way to hide all your streaming activities from your ISP and the government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN masks your original IP address and helps you bypass Internet monitoring, ISP restrictions, and geographic content limitations.
Personally, I use and recommend ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all types of applications and streaming devices.
OPINION: We do not encourage copyright infringement. But what if you accidentally upload content from an illegal source? It is not always easy to distinguish between a legal and an illegal source.
So before you start streaming on Kodi, read here how to get VPN protection in 3 easy steps.
Step one: Purchase your ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means you can use it for free for the first 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the service (which is unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step two: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN application on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have included the exact steps below, starting with step 4.
Step three: Click on the power icon to connect to the VPN server. That’s it. Now your connection is secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The steps to install Kodi VPN on Fire TV devices are described below. If you have other broadcast devices, follow steps 1 to 3 above.
Step four: Sign up for ExpressVPN HERE (if you are not already a subscriber).
Step 5: Go to the Fire TV Stick home screen. Click the Search button and then the Search option (see figure below).
Step six: Type expressvpn into the search bar and select when it appears.
Seventh step: Click on the Download button.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN application and log in using the username and password you created when you purchased your ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click on the power icon to connect to the VPN server. That’s it. Now your FireStick is protected with the fastest VPN.
Maverick Kodi Builds is a collection of different Kodi builds. This collection includes both lightweight constructions for low-end devices and feature-rich constructions for high-end devices. The versions also have many add-ons pre-installed. Install your favorite version and let us know what you think in the comments below.
- To install the Supreme Builds master on Kodi
- To install Kodi on the Amazon FireStick
- How do you install NitronX on Kodi?
We do not check the legality or safety of any add-ons, applications or services mentioned on this website. Furthermore, we do not promote, publish or link to copyrighted feeds. We strongly condemn piracy and urge our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our website refers only to non-copyrighted public domain content. Read our full disclaimer.
We are a reader-supported blog. If you purchase an item through the links on our website, we may receive a commission. Read more
We need your support
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install Mavericks on Kodi?
1) Download the latest Kodi build from the official Kodi website. 2) Install Kodi on your device. 3) Download the latest release of Mavericks from the official Kodi repository. 4) Install the build and the add-on. 5) Enable Unknown Sources in Settings. 6) Open Kodi and go to Add-ons > Add-on Browser > Install from zip file > Mavericks > repository.mavericks-x.x.zip > repository.zip 7) Wait for the add-on to install. 8) Go back to Add-ons > Add-on Browser > Mavericks > Install from repository > Mavericks Repository 9) Wait for the add-on to install. 10) Go back to Add-ons > Add-on Browser > Mavericks > Install from repository > Kodi Add-on Repository 11) Wait for the add-on to install. 12) Go back to Add-ons > Add-on Browser > Mavericks > Install from repository > Maverick TV Add-on Repository 13) Wait for the add-on to install. 14) Go back to Add-ons > Add-on Browser > Mavericks > Install from repository > Maverick TV Kodi Add-on Repository 15) Wait for the add-on to install. 16) Go back to Add-ons > Add-on Browser > Mavericks > Install from repository > Maverick TV
How do I install Mavericks?
To install Mavericks, you’ll need to boot from the installer’s USB drive. You can download the installer from the App Store.
How do I install new Kodi build on Firestick?
Step 1: Navigate to the home screen on your Firestick Step 2: Click on the Settings icon Step 3: Click on the System settings Step 4: Click on the Developer options Step 5: Click on the Enable ADB debugging Step 6: Click on the OK button Step 7: Click on the OK button Step 8: Click on the OK button Step 9: Click on the OK button Step 10: Click on the OK button Step 11: Click on the OK button Step 12: Click on the OK button